The Favor of God
Wednesday night Pastor George taught on the Favor of God. I got to church late which is an intersting side story:
- I went to return a rental at RedBox before church so that we wouldn't get charged for another days rental. The box was full and couldn't accept any returns. You can return to ANY redbox it doesn't have to be the one you get it from. I needed to turn left out of 7-11 to get to church so I figured I would try the gas station on the way and return it there. The Holy Spirit laid it on my heart that there was no redbox at that station and none on the way but that I could turn right and go to alberstons before going to church a short detour, just then Connor from the backseat tells me: "Daddy... Daddy... turn THAT WAY! Pointing RIGHT" SO... like any obedient child of God what did I do? I said I want to there to be one LEFT so I went left anyway... sure enough there was no redbox at this gas station and it was a long twice as long left as it would have been to go right... which of course I'm retracing now to get ALL the way back to albertsons. What could have been a short detour just got three times longer. The CHILD is full of the Holy Spirit... Daddy needs to be more obedient to the inner witness and listen to his child too!
- Is God personally getting involved in your success to act on your behalf.
- Will cause people to go out of thier way to bless you, provide for you, and make special concessions for you. Ex: "I don't know why I'm doing this but..." will be a common phrase.
- Will Make a way where there seems to be no way!
- Open Doors where there seems to be no doors!
- Do the impossible in an impossible situation!
Then Pastor George reminded us of a Message preached by Jerry Savelle at the Southwest Believers Convention in 1997 I found someone who had more complete notes than I took that night so I pasted that copy here for you, with a link to the person who typed those out.
1. Supernatural increase and promotion
But the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison. (Genesis 39:21, KJV).
2. Restoration of everything enemy has taken from you
And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty: (Exodus 3:21, KJV).
3. Honor even in midst of adversaries
And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians. Moreover the man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt, in the sight of Pharaoh's servants, and in the sight of the people. (Exodus 11:3, KJV).
4. Increase assets especially in the area of real estate
And of Naphtali he said, O Naphtali, satisfied with favour, and full with the blessing of the LORD: possess thou the west and the south. (Deuteronomy 33:23, KJV).
5. Greater victories in midst of greater odds
For it was of the LORD to harden their hearts, that they should come against Israel in battle, that he might destroy them utterly, and that they might have no favour, but that he might destroy them, as the LORD commanded Moses. (Joshua 11:20, KJV).
6. Recognition even when you seem to be least likely to receive it
And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, Let David, I pray thee, stand before me; for he hath found favour in my sight. (1 Samuel 16:22, KJV).
7. Prominence and preferential treatment
And the king loved Esther above all the women, and she obtained grace and favour in his sight more than all the virgins; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen instead of Vashti. (Esther 2:17, KJV).
8. Get petitions granted, even by ungodly civil authorities
If I have found favour in the sight of the king, and if it please the king to grant my petition, and to perform my request, let the king and Haman come to the banquet that I shall prepare for them, and I will do to morrow as the king hath said. (Esther 5:8, KJV).
9. Policies, rules, regulations, even walls, are changed or reversed to your advantage
And said, If it please the king, and if I have found favour in his sight, and the thing seem right before the king, and I be pleasing in his eyes, let it be written to reverse the letters devised by Haman the son of Hammedatha the Agagite, which he wrote to destroy the Jews which are in all the king's provinces: (Esther 8:5, KJV).
10. Battles are won in which you won't even have to fight because God will fight them for you
For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them. (Psalms 44:3, KJV).
Jerry Savelle Ministries' Web site lists several tapes and videos on this subject.
Other Notes from Wed:
- Your Tithe protects you from your OWN mistakes. The seed eater has no right to take your seed if your a tither EVEN if YOU opened the door to that mistake. Once you repented and moved on the seed eater has NO right to you.
- Armies could be arrayed against you and they may have devoured others, but they will fall UTTERLY when they bump up against YOUR life and the Anointing of God on you.
- Pastor George had been the Chairman of the Board at ORU. In 2007 things were not looking well and the board was even talking of shutting down.
- They needed far more money than they had. The day before they nearly lost the medical benefits for the staff.
- This particular morning was the board meeting. Pastor didn't feel like getting up and going. But we don't walk by our feelings!
- Before the board meeting started he stopped everyone and they prayed in tounges for awhile. After that he said: "NOW... the outcome of this day will be the interpretation of that prayer!" and they began thier meeting.
- Eventually after a series of events 10 million dollars came in that day with a pledge for another 70 million. A new board was built and the entire school has been brought to new life. Over 200 million has come in since. The man responsible for most of that was driving his car and didn't know much about ORU. But God gave him a burden for the school there.
- Sometimes what you need is to get out of your own way! Stop trying to PLAN and SCHEME! Pray in the Spirit until you sense the anointing of God on that situation has completed what needed to be done. Then go about your business and watch God interpret that into your life. Sometimes interpreatation of tounges is lived out and not just spoken.
- That is a higher level of living!
- EXPECT favor in 2010!
- Be Aggressive... Persistent... and Determined about Favor in 2010!
- Luke 4:18-19
Luke 4:18-19 (Amplified Bible)18The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity],
19To proclaim the accepted and acceptable year of the Lord [the day [a]when salvation and the free favors of God profusely abound.
1. spending or giving freely and in large amount, often to excess; extravagant (often fol. by in): profuse praise. 2. made or done freely and abundantly: profuse apologies. 3. abundant; in great amount.
- This is a prophetic word for EMIC now: TODAY this scripture has been fullfilled in your hearing.
- Psalms 102.13 Apointed time to Favor!
- Gen 12:2 I will bless you with abundant Favor!
- Psalms 5:11-12
11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.
12 For You, O LORD, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with a shield.
This is OUR season to be living in the Favor of God! MY season! This happens to me everyday! Halelujah!
More on that message see: EMIC
Darrell G. Wolfe, Living saturated in Favor!