31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. 32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
How does one KNOW INTIMATELY anyone, anything, or any subject? He or she must spend time with it/that person! Take music for example.
- I could spend months sitting in the same room as my guitar and never become familiar with how it works.
- I could spend time listening to someone play guitar either live or recorded and it may give me one step more familiarity, at least I know how it sounds.
- I could pick it up and strum it every so often and play what I already know how to play... that would build familiarity around those songs and skills.
- I must spend time playing it as often as possible.
- I must spend time reading and learning about things I didn't know about it.
- I must learn and practice NEW techniques and skills.
- I must be purposeful in my time with the guitar to become proficient.
- Read it
- Think about it
- Ask questions about it
- Pray about it with purpose
- Repeat all this over and over throughout each day.