This two weeks of training has been busy.
I signed on to read Romans 10 and ended up reading I Corinthians 10.
This was very timely and interesting for me.
1 Corinthians 10
6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted. 7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.”[a] 8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell; 9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents; 10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer. 11 Now all[b] these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.
12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall. 13 No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
31 Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 32 Give no offense, either to the Jews or to the Greeks or to the church of God, 33 just as I also please all men in all things, not seeking my own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
I see here a list, but if you are paying attention it's not the list many of us would come up with when thinking of SIN. This list was written TO God's people ABOUT God's People and therefore is a warning to all of us who ARE God's People.
- Sat down to: Eat, Drink, and Play
- Sexually Immoral
- 23,000 Fell
- Tempt Christ
- Destroyed by serpents
- Destroyed by Destroyer
If I asked you to pick the SIN plaguing the church today is this the list you would choose?
- Have I made Food, Drink, or Fun a higher priority than God?
- Have I kept a TIGHT reign on the images and thoughts I allow?
- Including Shows and Commercials I allow in front of me?
- Have I Tempted Christ?
- Have I made light of the Anointing or Anointed One?
- Have I failed to Factor God IN to the situations I face?
- The Israelites Complained against God instead of asking him when they wanted something.
- "Why did He bring us here to die of Thirst?" VS "God, you brought us here, please give us water."
- Complaining is EVIL. It automatically means: I don't trust God. Period. ANY complaining is failure to Trust in God.
Finally I noticed that MOTIVE is the Key to my interaction with Others and my Work Ethic before God.
Am I doing everything as I report to HIM and not to man? Am I seeking OTHERS benefit above my own? That is a question I must re ask every day!
Darrell G. Wolfe