- Websters 1828 Dictionary defines “Excellence” or “To Excel” as:
- To go beyond
- To surpass in good qualities
- To Outdo
- To have good qualities, or to perform meritorious actions, in an unusual degree; to be eminent, illustrious, or distinguished.
- Thesaurus.Com expounds on “Excellence” as:
- Superiority, distinction, good, merit, nobility, perfection, quality, significance, value, virtue, worth, rightness, noblesse.
As life progresses you will either move toward or away from you calling and purpose. To move away from your calling and purpose is to move toward distraction, delay, and default. It is to engage in a path to spiritual bankruptcy. To move toward your purpose is to move toward clarity, passion, and pursuit. To move toward your calling and pursue your purpose brings all of life’s many options into sharp focus. When you prioritize life in regards to purpose all other options reset and reorder on their own. It becomes clear which items must go and which can stay. When pursuing a passionate purpose the little things can start to become a hindrance and they must go. But you will want them to go, as they will irritate your passion. These things just naturally fall off as they no longer fit in your pursuit.