How do I focus and deal with long term and short term goals without expending mental energy on too many things at once, short circuiting my whole program?
Here is the reply I got immediately in prayer:
- Write out each goal, big or small, separately. Place all the details you know and organize each in the same written format for ease of reading through. Separate paper for each goal.
- Create separate folders for active, standby, and completed projects. Place the goals in each folder respectively. In my case I have three blogs I write on actively, or should be, so those would go in "Active". I have a restaurant I want to start someday. I may do research on that from time to time, but that is a future project that would go in "Standby"
- Review these folders/goals often. Confess the Word of them and pray over them daily.
- Add to each goal as information or instruction comes, as you receive it. But then go back to steps 1-3. Don't get wrapped up in or consumed by this new information. Treat it like Mary did, ponder these things in your heart.
- REST! Know that I am God!