You and I are standing at Huntington Beach, CA. We are both standing on the pier. I am standing WAY out at the end of the pier. You are standing closer to the beginning, maybe at the lifeguard tower. Now, in order to get to heaven all we need to do is broad jump to Australia. That should be simple. One jump. No running start. Our feet can't touch the water. Easy right? Then you say: But that's no fair, look how much closer he is to Australia than I am!
16 For God had such love for the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever has faith in him may not come to destruction but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to be judge of the world; he sent him so that the world might have salvation through him.18 The man who has faith in him does not come up to be judged; but he who has no faith in him has been judged even now, because he has no faith in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the test by which men are judged: the light has come into the world and men have more love for the dark than for the light, because their acts are evil.
44 Then Jesus said with a loud voice, He who has faith in me, has faith not in me, but in him who sent me. 45 And he who sees me, sees him who sent me. 46 I have come as a light into the world, so that no one who has faith in me will go on living in the dark. 47 And if any man gives ear to my words and does not keep them, I am not his judge: I did not come to be judge of the world but to give salvation to the world. 48 He who puts me on one side and does not take my words to heart, is not without a judge: the word which I have said will be his judge on the last day.49 For I have not said it on my authority, but the Father who sent me gave me orders what to say and how to say it. 50 And I have knowledge that his order is eternal life: so that the things which I say, I say them even as the Father says them to me.
8 Peter said, I will never let my feet be washed by you, never. Jesus said in answer, If I do not make you clean you have no part with me.
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. 16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ's behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast that word which I preached to you--unless you believed in vain.
8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame." 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. 13 For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." 14 How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?
- Nature Speaks His Word all around us.
- There is no excuse because God's creations speaks of His attributes. Nature is calling on us to call to Him.
- Romans 1:20
- God is Just and the Justifier
- God is Love
- One day a man of prayer was working on an oil rig in Oklahoma and stepped down off the rig. As he did he found himself no where near the rig but standing in a field. A village of huts lay out in the distance in front of him. A small boy came up to him and asked about God. He told him about Jesus and when he was done men from the village came out with spears to kill him. The boy said: You should run! He took a few steps and ended up back in Oklahoma.
- Lest he should feel it had all been a dream, many years latter a tall handsome black man approached him and said: You may not know me, but you came to me when I was a boy in Africa. "You told me about Jesus. I got saved, learned English, and eventually left Africa. One thing I don't understand; Where did you go? I looked away and then you were gone?"
- They didn't speak the same language but God transported a man to save one child and translated for him!
- One time there was a village of Muslims that were all having visions of Jesus telling them that someone would come to tell them about Him. As the people of God arrived they found the group of Muslims already prepared to hear what the message of God was for them.
- God is looking for hearts that will believe.
- These visions in Muslim lands are becoming widespread and increasing today.
- One young lady had rejected God and washed into a life of drinking and sin. One day her boyfriend beat her to death. She raised up out of her body and stared down at the bloody mess. A door opened and great light came through. Jesus stepped through the door and began to talk with her. After she accepted His Love He gave her the choice of coming to heaven or staying on earth and completing her assignment. (I think the reason you don't hear more of these stories is that very few can resist the urge to just go on to heaven right away) She came back. Not only does she recount her story, but after getting healed of that bloody mess she began ministering healing to others. She would go from hospital to hospital creating a pathway of miracles attracting people to Jesus.
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, 26 to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.