Michael Hyatt's Tips to Blogging Success:
- Blog Consistently
- 3-5 Times a Week
- If you take a day, post that too. "I'm taking the day off today"
- Make it about the audience
- Stop writing about YOU all the time, talk about THEIR NEEDS.
- Get Involved In Social Media
- Find Your Voice
- Write, Write, Write some more..
- Try new things...
- Find Your Grove
- Do it enough, experimental enough until you find it
- You'll eventually get to the place where it sounds like you.
- You want to get to the place where people say: "I feel like your just talking to me, like we're sitting over a cup of coffee" THAT is you voice!
- Take Time... You'll hit a breakthrough/inflection point, keep digging.
- Don't Fail to get Email Addresses!
- He uses Mail Chimp
- Build an Email Newsletter List
- Sign up should go on the TOP RIGHT corner of the blog. That's the PRIME realestate. Use an incentive of value! Use old posts that are valuable.
- Use apple keynote to create a pdf.
- Don't be Inconsistent
- Whether it's 5-3-1 times a week, stick to it!
- State Intention
- (Ex Once a week)
- (Put it on the calendar!)
- (Sit Down and Write)
- Create a Template! His looked like this:
- GREAT Headline
- Not too cleaver
- Simple, clear, about them!
- Opening Story
- Opening Image (get it from a photo site, or make your own!)
- Make a list! Make it solve a problem!
- Summary and closing questions for comments!
- Your template may be different, but have one!
- Lone Ranger Mentality
- You are NOT in this yourself!
- Network with others, writers, authors, other bloggers who are trying to build THEIR platform!
- Be Intentional! and Network
- Obsessing over the technology!
- Learn code if you so desire. But don't let the technology distract you from writing which is the REAL purpose!
- Perfectionism, stop it!
- Have WOW! But don't try to be so perfect that you procrastinate to nothingness!
- You probably know enough to get started! You don't need to know the end game before you start, you'll figure it out as you go!
- Don't give up because it's not where you want it to be, keep working it!
- Don't be too focused on the numbers!
- Looking at your stats all day will distract you from writing. Stop it!
- Maybe look once in a while to see if you are being effective, but don't drown in there.
- "It's not a good time right now" Just do it!
- Don't Quit!
- People often quit before their inflection point!
- Keep Showing Up
- The only way you sell today is by permission! Sales is not, and cannot be, about you forcing yourself on other people. Be true, authentic, and meaningful to them!
Have questions about anything I said here? Want to share your story? Comment Below!
I call you empowered 2 prosper with good success!
N2 Good SuccessDarrell G. Wolfe
Books by Darrell G. Wolfe: Amazon.com/author/darrellgwolfe
Book Suggestions from the N2 Good Success Amazon Store
Brand and Product Offerings from N2 Good Success Zazzle Store
Other Blogs and Sites by the Wolfe Family: http://wfconceptions.wordpress.com/