My wife wanted things done at the house. It was fun. We painted some walls, did the garden. I got bricks from left over construction that were trash bound and re-purposed them as garden edging. Sure, they weren't pretty enough to be used to side a house, some covered in concrete or chipped. But they were just fine for my little garden and brought it up a whole other level. We got wood that we will be using as a make shift patio until we can budget in a more permanent one. We didn't do everything we planned. But we did do things.
A couple we know needed... everything. They were living in a home with just a mattress on the floor. So we brought them a love seat God asked us to sow into their lives, debatably the best piece of furniture in our home. Someone else brought them a refrigerator. Someone else sowed a car into their lives. Things are coming together for them. It was hard for them to see it with all the stuff that was missing, but take a moment to look at what you have. How many people do you know that got a free car, refrigerator, and love seat? As my pastor would say, when you hear about good things happening for others you need to reply "That happens to me ALL THE TIME!"
Thank God for the Good Things!So let's reflect on the goodness of God today. I don't have everything I want, need, or desire. My weekend didn't go exactly, or at all, as I envisioned. And thanks to this lovely issue with a pipe bursting out front (because I dug without thinking - Can you say #SelfInflicted) I have more outside work cut out for me soon. But what DO I have?
I have Jesus! If there were nothing else that would be GOOD! I have Flavia A.Wolfe as my wife. She is very creative and wonderful. When I write something, say something, preach something, or share something profound... 9/10 times it came from her. God and Flavia are the substance to my voice, and often God through Flavia. I have two amazing kids! They are bright and funny. They are perfectly healthy. They each have strengths of their own, and God given talents and perspectives. They are His Creations and I am allowed to be steward over them for this limited time. They continue to amaze me.
I have a HOUSE (Owning not Renting!), working towards being a debt free house. I have two DEBT FREE CARS! And my cars are in perfect working order. I have a job, at which I've been for 7+ years. When others have been laid off I've been promoted, time and time again. When I asked God for a second Job, He gave it to me. When I asked Him if He wanted me to have that second Job, found out He did not, but was willing to work with my desire, He delivered me from it and gave me a new, better, strategy.
God is good to us all. If there were nothing else we could be thankful for we could simply say that Jesus paid the price for me to enter Debt Free into heaven. There is no price to pay. It's not necessary or possible, to pay for my sins before entering heavens gates. I can stand before God today, with all my faults, free of "guilt and shame". I am perfect before Him. When He sees me, He doesn't see my weaknesses or shortcoming, He sees Jesus' Righteousness standing before Him. If I were to die today, I would graduating and promoting into a FAR better situation. So death really has no sting for me. It's win-win. If I stay on earth, I work for Him and gain Him more glory. If I depart to Heaven I gain access to a REALLY COOL place!
- Praise is the natural result of thanksgiving... start thanking God today, even if (especially if) you don't feel like it.
- What are you thoughts?
- What are you thankful for?
By Darrell Wolfe
FOR MY FULL DISCLAIMER: See my "Start Here About" page. Click Here
* Information here is As-Is. These are the opinions of a fellow traveler and seeker of truth. I am not a doctor, lawyer, licensed financial advisor, tax preparer, etc, etc... I'm just one guy, sharing what he's learned. As such, the information may be as true or faulty as the guy on the buss stop giving you directions. If you need accurate information I encourage you to seek the help of a professional in your field.
* I do make money from this blog. 1 Tim 5:18 says the worker is worthy of his wages. I do earn affiliate commissions or freebies from some of the products I discuss at various points on this blog. Regardless I only suggest things that have personally helped me, or someone I know. If you click on an "Affiliate Link" and you buy something I'll get a cut. Thanks for your support!
* I am a conservative Christian. I write from a bible-centric point of view. I welcome people from other points of view to jump into the conversation. If you don't like bible-centric writing: I encourage you not to read my posts.... Unless you want to learn something new.
* In all you do: Live Long and Prosper, with GOOD SUCCESS!
Thank you, Darrell Wolfe