Acts 17 was the scripture I built my faith on when we moved to Texas. Ironically it is now the scripture that stands out as I contemplate not moving from where I am...
NKJV: And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings...
Good News Translation: From one human being he created all races of people and made them live throughout the whole earth. He himself fixed beforehand the exact times and the limits of the places where they would live.
Complete Jewish Bible: "From one man he made every nation living on the entire surface of the earth, and he fixed the limits of their territories and the periods when they would flourish...
Keith Moore asked a question that astounded me in it's simplicity: "Are you the Lord or is He?" Many people have Jesus as their savior but not their Lord. They go where they want, when the want, because the feel like it. But if God is directing your paths than He is the one who decided when and where, not you!
But how do I know? If I have two choices in front of me and both seem good, but one feels a little better how do I know which one, if either, is God's will? Some say that I could just choose one and He'd bless it. But if I've seen anything in the last 10 years of walking seriously with God it's that, THAT is NOT true! You CAN take a wrong turn, and it WILL have negative consequences and delay you from your rightful place. But there is a way that you can know.
- Be willing to be willing... Choose, now, before you know what it is, to will to do His will. Choose that His way is the way you'll go regardless of how it looks. AND; Choose to believe that if it's his will, that it's GOOD! John 7:17 "If anyone wants to do his will, he will know whether my teaching is from God or I speak on my own."
- Pray. Sounds simple huh? Jeremy Pearsons re-worded a scripture I've heard all my life that made it so simple. If you are facing a situation, go pray about it and get the answer, and then thank God for the answer. Don't make a MOVE until you've heard from Heaven on it.
NKJV: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
CJB: Don't worry about anything; on the contrary, make your requests known to God by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving.
- Listen: God is talking, are you listening? Pay attention to prophetic words that stand out to you, scriptures that jump off the page, themes of your life where you've faced these things before... God is talking. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.
- ACT: Walk in Exellence. Be faithful, diligent, walk in Love, do what's right, because it's right, do it right, and do it right away, and do it whether anyone is watching. When He tells you to make a move, make it. When He tells you to stand, stand. Don't settle for substitutes.
So what have I been hearing? I've been praying about work... Here's what I've heard so far:
- One Job. Tailor Fit. More Than Enough.
- Tailor fit doesn't mean taking a job that removes me from my calling to serve in 14-forty or one that removes me from hearing my Pastor. It won't mean compromise it will mean enhancement.
- 2013: A year of Great Grace, a Word of the Lord by Kenneth Copeland 08/17/2012. "Stay where you are. Stay Steady. Why? Your greatest Blessing ever is at hand..."
- In 2010 I was faced with leaving my employer just on the verge of a promotion or going to a new area within the company. I'm now faced with that exact situation all over again. I felt I did the wrong thing by leaving back then. It's important to notice patterns or themes in life. If you circle a mountain only to return to it, you may need to choose a new path. In fact I've had a habbit of leaving jobs before promotion comes.
- Sunday 02/17/2013 Pastor George changed his whole service to address my situation. I felt it. As soon as I said: "This just came out of my spirit..." I felt it hit me and I stood up to hear what he would say. It didn't end up just being a Word, it ended up being the entire message!