A Parable: The Kingdom of God is like: Phantom Limb Syndrome
- Phantom Limb Syndrome is where a limb, a leg for example, is removed, but the brain still sends signals as though it's there. The missing foot can itch, burn, hurt, etc.
When doctors treat the symptom of the nervous system (ei: giving Tylenol when the missing foot hurts) they can actually strengthen the nervous systems embedded reactions telling the brain the leg is still in tact. It was successful temporarily, but it maintained the lie over time. This was because as the treatment made it better for a moment and then it got worse again, and more medicine made it better, but then it got worse again, and it could strengthen the programing of the brain.
Phantom Limb Syndrome SolutionInstead some doctors who know this will instead prescribe a series of treatments that engage the new nerve endings. Touch the NEW nerve endings with hot things, cold things, prickly things, soft things, as many new sensations as possible to stimulate the NEW nerve endings, telling the nervous system through new experiences that something has indeed change, allowing the brain to be re-routed for this new information. Get the FOCUS of the brain to what is NEW THERE.
In order to allow the new nature you were born with to reprogram our nervous system we must begin to stimulate the new nerve endings, which allows the nervous system to reprogram those new experiences into our beliefs.
Many people who get saved are told to go to church, read your bible, pray, etc... Newsflash... you don't HAVE to do any of those things. They have nothing to do with your going to heaven or being saved.
However the Bible is a book full of Words written BY GOD FOR YOU and it's full of information about what has been done in you already. Instead of wrestling with a dead man who isn't there anymore we can begin to stimulate our nervous system to what is NEW in us. Going to church and being with other believers, hearing the Word Taught, but also talking WITH other believers allows us to renew our nervous system to that which is NEW there. Bible Reading, Pastors Messages, Prayer, Church Gathering, Etc are all ways to stimulate what is new about you, that which has ALREADY happened.
The more of these you do, with the mindset that you are not doing them "to become", but rather, "to discover" what you "have become", the faster we can re-program our nervous system to understand what is new about us and what has died.
The Struggle: The Old You is dead. The New You is alive. The FLESH has old programming left over from the old you. You are not fighting the old you. That you is dead. What must be done now is to teach and train the flesh that something NEW has happened.
*The teachings of this class are not my own, they are derived from notes I took during a class at Gateway Church. You may view the class on their website by following the link at the top of the page.
By Darrell Wolfe
FOR MY FULL DISCLAIMER: See my "Start Here About" page. Click Here
* Information here is As-Is. These are the opinions of a fellow traveler and seeker of truth. I am not a doctor, lawyer, licensed financial advisor, tax preparer, etc, etc... I'm just one guy, sharing what he's learned. As such, the information may be as true or faulty as the guy on the buss stop giving you directions. If you need accurate information I encourage you to seek the help of a professional in your field.
* I do make money from this blog. 1 Tim 5:18 says the worker is worthy of his wages. I do earn affiliate commissions or freebies from some of the products I discuss at various points on this blog. Regardless I only suggest things that have personally helped me, or someone I know. If you click on an "Affiliate Link" and you buy something I'll get a cut. Thanks for your support!
* I am a conservative Christian. I write from a bible-centric point of view. I welcome people from other points of view to jump into the conversation. If you don't like bible-centric writing: I encourage you not to read my posts.... Unless you want to learn something new.
* In all you do: Live Long and Prosper, with GOOD SUCCESS!
Thank you, Darrell Wolfe