|Celestine Chua "Giving"|
Tithing is the best thing I ever did with my money... here's why:
Simply put tithe is 10%.
The key verse to look at when discussing the tithe is Malachi 3:8-12. God says here that not tithing is equal to robbing God. It is interesting to note that this is the only place in the bible God offers man a test or trial of his goodness.
~Gross VS Net~
Malachi also answers this for us.
Bring in the WHOLE tithe. Deut. 14:22 tells us to tithe on all your increase.
All means All and that’s All All means.
For a moment consider what you are really asking in this question.
Yes we are not under the law.
No tithing is not limited to the law.
Actually the tithe predates the law. Genesis 14:20 shows us that Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek after being blessed by God through Him. The law didn’t come until Moses who is a distant descendant of Abraham. Moses did not come for well over 400 years later.
Genesis Chapters 1-3. God places Adam and Eve in the midst of a vast and fruitful planet. He plants a Garden in the east with instructions to then take the seed and reproduce the Garden on the rest of the planet.
He blesses them with Dominion and Authority.
He asks one thing in return.
He reserves one tree and its fruit.
He asks for this to remain His and His alone. This is Adams tithe. He is to take its fruit to God and God alone. He is not instructed not to touch it; that is Eve’s twisting of God’s words. He is instructed not to eat it.
God would fellowship and commune with Adam over this and take time to instruct him in matters of life. Truly God didn’t mind Adam knowing the difference between good an evil.
He created and wanted Adam in HIS own image. God wanted Adam to learn from HIM and not through his own experience of good and evil.
Not tithing is always a matter of not trusting God to meet EVERY need, want, and desire.
Not tithing is saying: “I’ll do this on my own… for myself... I’ll be my own provider.”
God the Father, in this story, is likened to a vineyard owner. He sent servants to the vine dressers who turned to beat and kill them. Then He sent his own Son, who was also killed. Jesus tells us that they will be thrown out, and God will lease the vineyard to others. (Matthew 21:40-42)
In fact, He has many of them. He created this earth for man. The tithe is man’s mortgage or lease on the planet. This gives man the rightful use of this property. God is the landowner or Leaser. Man is the renter or lease. When a man or woman fails to bring God His fruit first he is in danger of breaking lease. God serves notice that only curse and death will follow this course of action.
The entire planet is under the curse due to Adam’s disobedience. It is the flow of the world’s system.
It is the blessing, through contact and contract with God, that shields and protects you from the curse. Jesus redeemed us from the curse (Galatians 3:13). It is His blood that keeps us redeemed. He permanently reestablished a covenant between God and Man.
This covenant is between God and Jesus so it cannot be broken. It is entered through believing in and on Jesus. Once entered, however, there are terms and conditions.
Failing to love your brother may not keep you from heaven when you die, although it could progress to that. However failing to love is a failure to obey and it will cause the curse to operate in your life.
So it is with the tithe.
It is a connector to God’s ways of doing things. It connects you to His blessing.
Tithing is a heart matter. The tithe connects you to trusting God for ALL your provision.
Failure to tithe is failure to trust.
God’s not asking you to give so he can take 10% from you. He is asking you to give so he can bless the 90% and bring more to you by increasing the 90%! (The 90% will keep getting bigger for a tither).
~Promise of Blessing~
God says that he will open up the windows of heaven and pour out blessing we cannot contain.
- This is the same blessing he gave Adam in Genesis 1:28.
- It is the same blessing then given to Abraham in Genesis 14:18-20.
- It is the same blessing listed in detail for us in Deut. 28. The curse is listed there also, but only as a result of disobedience.
Did God want me to live in a car?
No He didn’t.
- Was it His will?
- Was He trying to teach me something?
- Was He trying to humble me?
- Why was I tight on funds at that time?
It is the power to prosper: spirit, soul, body, mind, financially, socially, etc… In all areas of life, the Blessing invades and creates fruitful environments.
- The blessing on Joseph saved two nations from starvation. (Genesis 41)
- The Blessing on Isaac caused him to sow during famine and reap a 100 fold return. (Genesis 26)
- The Blessing was on Jesus who multiplied fish and loaves for over 5,000 men plus women and children, on two occasions. (John 6 and Matthew 15).
~Challenges to Obedience~
~Remove the Tithe~
~Don’t Eat It~
~Confess the Tithe~
“Jesus; thank you for your sacrifice! Thank you for the cross. Your blood and broken body redeemed us from the curse. Thanks to you we are free from the bondage of sickness, disease, poverty, lack, sin, and death. We were once under a curse which rules the world’s system. Thanks to you, Jesus, we are free! We accept everything you redeemed us from and redeemed us to. We plead your blood over our household. We say we are blessed going in and blessed going out. We are blessed in our bodies and in our bank accounts. We thank you for using us to be a blessing to countless others. We declare divine encounters this month. The windows of heaven are open to us and we are free from the devourer. Thank you. Glory to God!”
7 Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
- So remember, tithe is not optional, giving is a connection to the blessings of God.
- Giving causes increase in your life.
- Tithe on your gross income, put God first; secure your lease and connection to the blessings of God. Fill your heavenly account.
- Remove the tithe immediately and separate it from your other money.
- Walk in obedience in other areas of life.
- Don’t eat the tithe.
- Confess the Word of God over your giving.
- Finally pray about what God would have you to do in order to participate in giving over and above your tithe.
The Insider is a BIG fan of Dave Ramsey:
- Go read/listen/watch Dave Ramsey and he'll teach you how to do it right!
- Listen to The Dave Ramsey Show (HERE)
- Or by his most popular book: (HERE) The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness