The fact is that although MOST blogs do not produce an income for the blogger in and of themselves, however they are a great way to express yourself and sharpen your skills to present your work to the world, and get your name out there as a business. For businesses looking for start a blog in addition to their website I recommend a book called: Go Blog Wild by Andy Wibbels
They are also a fun way of sharing your life with your family and friends, especially those who live far away. Some of the uses of a blog might be, but are not limited to:
- Online Journal (Web Log or BLOG for short)
- An About Me site, especially helpful for artists, musicians, and actors who need to post head shots and bios.
- Ministry to others
- Online Log to post pictures and events from your family to your family and friends
- Business or Ministry Website that is free and doesn't require a lot of work.
- Book writing and place to organize your thoughts (can be made private so that no-one else can view it and protect your work from copyright infringement.)
- Book Writing: Sell, Display, Promote your book with its own website and Down loadable E Book Purchase option.
- Tactical Journal to keep a log of the things you've found out how to do for your job so that you can go back to it if you need to refresh your memory of how you did it.
- Good place for experts to show off their expertise and possibly make money doing it.
- Legitimizes your position as an industry leader.
- Online Store for your: Art, Crafts, Writing, anything you sell.