What is story?
- Story is a series of events involving worthy characters who change (are transformed) as a result of those events.
- Take the reader into a Fictive Bubble, and don’t pop it!
- Ask ONE question you struggle with… and press your character until he is transformed and finds the answer. You should be transformed through the process too (if not, keep digging).
That path must be clear to you, you are your character's muse or guide. He will hit seven way-points.
- In the first few pages, introduce your reader to the protagonist and his/her world.
- The event that forces the protag into the story, with a clear goal.
- There may be a clear, specific threat.
- Your protag tries a series of solutions and fails.
- Things seem to go well, and all hope is lost.
- Something BIG has to happen, or all is lost.
- Subtle changes. Character is wrestling through, lost in the fog.
- A major change in your characters perspective.
- Small changes came before now, but this is a major change for your character. The path is now clear. May come at a cost. This is where his inner goal is realized.
- Antagonist overcome, goal reached.
- Using the trans-formative new perspective he gained in step 4, he overcomes the outer goal and his inner struggle at the same time.
- One last scene to show how the character's world turned out.
- Celebrating his victory. One scene, or less than a full scene.
- Hint at the future?
Storyteller | Creative | INFJ | Intellection | Ideation | Input | Learner | Achiever | Multipotentialite
- See my full about page and disclosures: Click Here.
- Also check out my Resources and Suggestions for writers (here).
- To Subscribe to the RSS: Click Here
- For Non-Fiction writing by Darrell Wolfe: Click Here