Heart Of The City Church
June 10, 2017
Mountains, Valleys & Plains Part 2
• You have to learn to live with and in the valleys.
II Corinthians 11:23-27 NKJV
Are they ministers of Christ?—I speak as a fool—I am more: in labors more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequently, in deaths often. From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness—
• Paul knew about mountain top experiences but he knew about the valleys. I can do all things means that I can handle both the full seasons and the empty seasons. How you handle the emtpy seasons will determine the outcome and quality of your life.
I Kings 20:28 NKJV
Then a man of God came and spoke to the king of Israel, and said, “Thus says the Lord : ‘Because the Syrians have said, “The Lord is God of the hills, but He is not God of the valleys,” therefore I will deliver all this great multitude into your hand, and you shall know that I am the Lord .’ ”
• Note: God says he'll fight because of what others said about Him. He will show off on your behalf to show himself as God.
• I'm in a valley season right now. I feel like God has abandoned me. I know he hasn't but I feel like he has.
Valley Of Attention
• God may either bring you to or allow a valley season because He wants your attention.
• When God seems delayed you get tempted to make your own provision (Golden Calf).
• If another human gets your primary attention you'll be let down.
• Come to Heart of the City Church and get offended. Because we're human. But what do you do with that offence? How you handle it is how you will choose the direction of your life. Offense brings pain.
○ If you respond to pain the right way it will make you better.
○ If you respond to pain the wrong way it will make you bitter.
Valley Of Preparation
• Jonah went through a valley preparation due to his own disobedience.
• You're somewhere in the future and you look much better than you do right now. (Song?)
You're somewhere in the future and you look much better than you look right now! We here at House of Destiny look forward to welcoming you into our family. It is our desire to help you reach your fullest potential in your life as you grow in your walk with God.
• I'm in the season of rebuild. It's time to be stripped down to the frame, old parts removed, some replaced and others rebuilt and still others modified. Cylinders bored out for more capacity, new aftermarket performance parts installed... Powder coating to prevent corrosion... Repainted and repackaged... Ready for the next season of performance which will look nothing like today or the past.
Isaiah 40:4 NKJV
Every valley shall be exalted And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough places smooth;
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant | Multipotentialite