*No need to have answers to every question. These are just topics to discuss or consider when assessing a new project, business, website, etc.
You (the client):
- What is your story?
- What is your education and work background?
- Where did you grow up?
- Where do you live now?
- What is your pain point?
- What is the hardest thing for you to do? Most irritating?
- What made you decide to do this for a living?
- What is your top priority in life? In business? In this project?
- Food, Drinks, TV Show, Movies, Books.
- Brands/Chains that you are loyal to? Why?
- Personality Type
- Job History
- Career Path, Job Titles,
- What you enjoyed/hated/frustrated you about each?
- Themes you found as you ran through these?
- Do you know your Unique Value Proposition (UVP) or Unique Value Added (UVA)?
- Do you have a personal mission/vision statement?
- I help __(my client base)__ do/achieve/other verve __(primary benefit)_, so that they ___purpose driven outcome__.
- Example: I help God
Your Business (Non-Profit / Project / Need):
- Ownership Type: Sole Owner, LLC, Partnership, Corp, Non-Profit?
- Franchise? If so, what freedoms do you have and what restrictions?
- Branding Requirments: Logos, Colors, Fonts, Styles, Phrases.
- Brand Story: Why You? What do you bring? What is this business about? What's in it for me as your customer? Why not another similar agency/place?
- Time: How long in the business/industry?
- What services to you offer? Cost/Fees? Contact Information?
- Page Flow: Guide your user, calls to action, "Contact Me", Social Links, Email Lists, Freebies, Buy Now?
About and Start Here pages.For more details, see Patt Flynn's explanation, here.
About Pages are the most visited points on any website. They tell readers a few important things:
- What is this business/site about?
- What's in it for me?
- Why should I trust you (who are you)?
- What's the offer?
- What should I do next?
- How do I contact you?
Start Here pages can be the same as the About Page or a separate page on the site. Here is what a Start Page needs to do:
- Most important things I need to know to get started.
- Best / Most helpful content.
- How do I get started/connect?
- Email sign up, social connections, contact information.
Darrell G. Wolfe
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant | Multipotentialite
PS: If you've hired me in the past or you are familiar with my work and you want to tell others about it, please leave a comment on this page.