Quotes and Sayings that are worth remembering...
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
Here are some of my favorite sayings, quips, quotes, bible verses, and thoughts to ponder. *Add your own in the comments below
Wolfe Rules (Gibb's Style Rules)
- NO HIDING
- Plans Fail. Live by Principles.
- When in doubt: Shift into Low Slow
- When Overwhelmed: Take the next indicated step.
- What you compromise to keep, you will eventually lose… keep first things first.
- Do what’s right because it’s right, do it right, and do it right away.
- Prayer: Is to hear God’s Agenda not to bring Him yours.
- Answers: Ask Him what He’s doing, and participate. Don’t tell Him what you want to see happen.
- Beliefs about God: Don’t seek out verses, seek out themes and patterns in the whole Bible. Ask Him to reveal His Story to you, and your part in it.
- "Religion is the by-product left over after God's move is turned from movement to monument." Darrell Wolfe
- Religion is man's attempt to reach God. Jesus is God's attempt to reach man. Unkown
- Religion attempts to overcome the Knowledge of Evil with the Knowledge of Good; but the Knowledge of Good will never re-connect you to LIFE, which is the real need of man. Life flows from a different tree. (Paraphrase) Bob Hamp
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. Albert Einstein
- If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
- To admit that you were wrong is to declare that you are wiser now than you were before. Albert Einstein.
- Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution. AE
- Freedom is not the absence of something, it is the presence of someone.
The Quote Collage
- Do what's right, because it's right, do it right, and do it right away. Unknown, first heard from Pastor Art Aragon
- I don't have all the answers, but I know the One Who does. Unknown
- I must know what I must know. He who died and rose again has provided all I need. 2 Corinthians 9. Unknown
- Seek first the kingdom of God and you'll prosper more on accident than you ever did on purpose. If you are not prospering it's either because you haven't been seeking God or haven't been long enough. Andrew Womack.
- Live like no-one else so you can live like no one else. Dave Ramsey
- Start Small Finish Big.
- Change isn't change until there's change. If you want change you'll have to change. Pastor Art Aragon
- An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Ben Franklin
- Caffeine is proof that God intended us to be happy - "Kurt Quote"
- "Do for some what you wish you could do for all" Original Author Unknown
- "You CANNOT be anything you want to be; but, you CAN be a lot more of who you already are." Strengths Finders
- "Don't be Vanilla, but if you truly are Vanilla, be the MOST Vanilla you can be!"
- A change in one life can change the lives of an entire generation. -Jackie Bowler
- A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Loazi, Chineese Philosopher.
- A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery. James Joyce
- True genius resides in the capacity for evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information. Winston Churchill
- Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius. Fulton J. Sheen
- "Luck happens when hard work meets opportunity" #FortuneCookie
- Delayed obedience is disobedience. Todd White
- "Your smile is your logo, your personality is your business card, how you leave others feeling after having an experience with you becomes your trademark." Jay Danzie
- “We are all broken, that’s how the light gets through.” -Ernest Hemingway
- A villain is a victim whose story hasn't been told
- You can write the wrongs and begin to heal.
- There are just two kinds of failures in this world. Those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought.
- Stop saying, “I need to write a book”, and WRITE it!”
- Paraphrase: I can do all things through the Anointing of the Anointed One which strengthens me.
- You only look back to see how far you've come. Shelley Hunter
- Hug a Cactus. Shelley Hunter.
- Go through your pain, process it, so you can heal from it.
- Be a Pansey. Shelley Hunter
- Pansey's flower in winter. They can be covered in hard cold circumstances, and it will still be vibrant. Just when you think it died it comes back year after year.
LIFE Mission Statement:I am called to lead the Distressed, In-Debt, and Discontent (1), into the LIFE Jesus promised (2), by showing them how to meditate on God's Words/Thoughts (renew the mind) (3), training them to Get Life through an active relationship with God (spirit) and retraining the brokenness we were all born with (will/mind/soul) (4), and by telling stories that inspire (heart/emotions).
Stories break down the barriers between heart and mind, helping both become stronger (5 & 6). Stories can pull down strongholds of that separate our heart from God's!
We are all here on this earth at exactly the time we were meant to be, and the purpose of our life is to seek, grope for, and find God (7); come with me and we'll do LIFE together!
LIFE Verses from the Bible:
- David left Gath and escaped to the cave of Adullam. When his brothers and his father’s household heard about it, they went down to him there. All those who were in distress or in debt or discontented gathered around him, and he became their commander. About four hundred men were with him. 1 Samuel 22 | NIV
- This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Joshua 1:8 | English Standard Version
- ... the weapons of our warfare are not worldly, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments 2 Corinthians 10:4 | Holman Christian Standard Bible
- These are the names of David’s mighty warriors: 2 Samuel 23:8 | NIV
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have LIFE, and may have it abundantly. John 10:10 | NET Bible
- 26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; Acts 17:26-27 | NKJV
- And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2 NKJV
- ...Not by works of righteousness which we did ourselves, but in the measure of his mercy, he gave us salvation, through the washing of the new birth and the giving of new life in the Holy Spirit... Titus 3:4-5, The Bible In Basic English
Storyteller | Writer | Thinker | Consultant | Multipotentialite